Hampstead businesses can enter competition for environmental business credentials
By poppy_smith | Saturday, September 22, 2012, 13:13
Awards to recognise innovation, leadership and achievements in sustainability and carbon reduction in Camden are open for entries.
Environmental Excellence in Camden Organisations Awards (EECO) are open to any Camden-based business or organisation.
The awards are supported by the Camden Climate Change Alliance – a partnership between Camden Council and local organisations of all sizes and across all sectors.
Organisations and businesses may apply for one or more of the following awards:
- Innovation in energy efficiency and carbon reduction
- Excellence in waste management and recycling
- Innovation in sustainable travel and transport
- Greatest improvement in environmental performance
- Innovation in sustainability communications and behaviour change
- Exceptional contribution by an individual to their organisation's environmental performance
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability in Camden.
Special themed awards in 2012:
- Advancing renewable energy generation
- Leadership in greening procurement
All applicants will be entered into a prize draw to win a pair of tickets to see We Will Rock You, with a free glass of champagne before the show.
The awards will be presented at the Wellcome Trust on the evening of 25 October.
The awards ceremony will mark the Alliance's fourth anniversary, where progress towards meeting its 10% carbon dioxide (CO2) reduction target will be announced. You can register to attend the ceremony by visiting the Camden Climate Change Alliance website.
Full application guidance notes and application forms are available to download at camdencca.org/eecoawards
Due to popular demand, the deadline to enter the Camden Climate Change Alliance awards that recognise innovation, leadership and achievements in sustainability and carbon reduction have been extended until 4pm on Wednesday 3 October.